Sunday, August 28, 2011

Something different

We're working on getting our house better organized.  I was cleaning my dresser top & decided I need a better place for my necklaces. Maybe if they aren't hidden away in the jewelry box, I'll wear them more often! I had a few scraps of wood from a little project I did with Madeline.

I used a 1/2" strip of balsa wood and drilled holes every inch.


I had several bamboo skewers, I cut them into 1 1/2" pegs with the wire cutters. The wire cutters seemed to work the best to cut the skewers and I got a cleaner cut with a pinching a bit then turning and pinching more till the cutters went all the way through. I did have to be careful and they went flying when they pinched off.




I put a drop of wood glue into each hole  (leaving the two on the end empty for a screw/nail to attach to the wall) and starting putting in the pegs.  My daughter enjoyed helping catching the flying pegs and helping put them in.





Paper underneath to keep glue from getting all over the table.
I had to use the hammer to get the pegs all the way in and straight.





Once the glue dried I hung it up on the wall and starting hanging necklaces. It held together & didn't fall off the wall!


Now all my necklaces are up where I can see them and find what I want quickly and they won't get all tangled up. There was also enough extra pegs to put some bracelets up also.  Enjoy! Hope this inspires you to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment