Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Record cover

Phil has a small collection of records that are in a plastic crate. He was worried about dust, so I suggested a slip cover. He thought that was a great idea and wanted to use some of his old band t-shirts for the fabric. Here's the finished product, it only took me about an hour and a half while the little bit was taking her nap.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby shawl

When I found out I was pregnant, 19 weeks along and it was a boy, I wanted to make myself a special shawl/ wrap. I wanted it crocheted in a light weight cotton that I already had in my stash. I wanted something to wrap around my shoulders on cool days and could also use as a nursing cover up.

I pulled out my stitch dictionary and decided on a V-stitch for the main body - lacy but not too open. I made it about 15" wide and 50" long. I then did a solid row of double crochet then half double down one side of the length, dc across the other end and hdc up the other side. I made six stripes of two rows filet and one row dc. Then I found a nice scalloped edging to finish the end. Finish off and repeat stripes and scallop on other end and I end up with a length of 60".