Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Getting back in the groove!

Wow! Didn't realize it has been almost a year since my last post. I have not stopped crafting, just having difficulty finding time to blog. It's been a rough year with my husband cutting back on work and applying for disability. It's kinda thrown my routine (what little there was) out of whack. I've done little bits of this and that. I've done a little custom sewing and pattern making and made a few Christmas presents.

A friend of my husband is getting married and asked me to crochet a beaded headband for her based on a picture she found online. The pineapple stitch above is what I did and then attached it to ivory colored ribbon. It turned out beautifully and I wish I'd gotten a good photo of the finished product. I'll have to wait for the wedding and get the bride to send me a photo.

I hadn't worked with sequins before but combining lace and beading was so much fun, I have found my true love! I have come up with two other patterns that I love also, just playing around with bead placement and color combinations. These will be made into headbands with a bit of elastic, but I could make shorter versions to be bracelets.

Next up is spring round of weddings and baby showers!! Gotta figure out what to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment