Thursday, March 22, 2012

One Easter dress done




Finished Sophia's Easter dress last night. I used this party dress pattern. So easy to use and put together. We decided on a simple red cotton with creamy accents.

 One of my favorite bloggers, Make it and Love it , shared a tutorial on easy DIY covered buttons. Very easy and I think they look beautiful.

She tried on the dress and wore it a couple hours before I even got the buttons and sash on. It took me three evenings to make this.

 1. Cut out all pieces 2. Sew dress 3. Sew on sash, make and sew on covered buttons.

So, she likes the dress, but she doesn't like taking pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this dress is sooo cute. I always find red color to be so classy and stylish when in comes to dress. So I salute you for picking this color for your kid.

    http://www.lnlclothing.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had thought about white with red accents, but I decided the red would be better wearing for the active two yr old.

      Delete
  2. Loved that you covered the buttons instead of using a kit. I will defiantly have to have a look at make it love it's tutorial. Love the colours you chose - just wondering where the bottom of the bodice hits - is it an inch above the belly button?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melissa. I believe the bodice falls right at her waist. It's a little hard to see because the sash is wide

    ReplyDelete