Saturday, April 6, 2013

Banana bread


I recently found a cool new recipe site called My Recipe Magic. The site owners have set it up so that when you post a recipe on, you get a percentage of the advertising proceeds. I think this is a really cool idea and could use a little extra cash, so I'm going to be posting a few recipes as I make them at home.

So this is my first recipe to post there. I found a pretty decent recipe for banana bread years ago called Ovaltine black bottom banana bread. It was intended as a cake style, with chocolate bottom. I really liked the taste of it though and have been using it and altering it through the years as our diet has changed.


I've added in some whole wheat flour, made it egg and dairy free and lowered the sugar amount. It's still a delicious, moist bread that gets devoured as soon as it's cooled. When I take it to potluck, I never have leftovers to take home. That makes me sad, so I have to make 2 loaves at a time now.
Here's a link to the recipe on My Recipe Magic.

Try it, you'll like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment